Two new room systems from Cisco show how much the industry has changed in the past few years. Last month, Cisco hosted the WebexOne conference and made numerous calling, meeting, and chatting announcements. I want to focus on two new room solutions, the Room Kit EQX and campfire. First, let me summarize some of the more significant video/meetings-related announcements.
- New audio codec: offers efficiency and reliability gains with generative AI
- Real-time Media Module (RMM)(detects non-verbal communication cues — which LLMs don’t.
- A new Super Resolution for video capability that offers higher quality video over less bandwidth.
- Multistream on Webex meetings
- Sovereign Controls (this is relevant for EU data residency)
- Cinematic Meetings – more on this below.