Top

Tag: IoT


Networks & Systems

Why NFV still matters in a 5G world

February 26, 2020

Via: RCR Wireless News

Service providers are launching new services faster than ever before and upgrading networks to fit the new 5G ecosystem. As they streamline offerings and build out advanced use cases, they’re getting help from an unexpected source: network function virtualization (NFV). […]


News

New Cisco Annual Internet Report Forecasts 5G to Support More Than 10% of Global Mobile Connections by 2023

February 18, 2020

Via: Telecom Reseller

According to the new Cisco Annual Internet Report, 5G will support more than 10% of the world’s mobile connections by 2023. The average 5G speed will be 575 megabits per second, or 13 times faster than the average mobile connection. […]


News

US Cellular launches LTE-M network on 90% of cell sites to support IoT

February 10, 2020

Via: RCR Wireless News

Amid the rising interest in IoT adoptions for industrial and commercial applications, US Cellular announced that is has launched its LTE-M network, specifically for IoT applications, on 90% of its cell sites, with the other 10% expected to be added […]


Internet, Modern Media

BSS to help telcos monetise IoT and 5G

January 21, 2020

Via: Telecom Reseller

The Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G monetisation are important considerations for communications service providers (CSP) over the globe, with so much more still to understand about how operators can use these technologies to unlock their full potential. CSPs will […]


Networks & Systems

Industry Voices—Walker: What will drive network change in 2020?

January 15, 2020

Via: Fierce Telecom News

Twenty years ago, telecom was riding high on a surge of telco capital investment and influx of cash from venture capitalists eager to ride the dotcom boom. There were already signs that market hype wouldn’t last, and indeed it didn’t […]


News

The Sunday Brief: CES observations–out of the lab and onto the production line

January 13, 2020

Via: RCR Wireless News

Greetings from Las Vegas, NV where 170,000 tech-hungry attendees gobbled up products and services from hundreds of exhibitors. Pictured is our motley crew at the first Sunday Brief CES dinner held this year at Gordon Ramsay’s Pub at the Caesar’s […]


Networks & Systems

5 IoT Challenges and Opportunities for This Year

January 10, 2020

Via: Informationweek

The Internet of Things (IoT) has formed an important part of industrial tech conversations for some time now. Still, enthusiasm for the technology and the applications it enables has not subsided. Looking at the coming months, there are five areas […]


Networks & Systems, News

The 5 Biggest 2020 Trends for UC

January 3, 2020

Via: No Jitter

What do mobile phones, 4K displays, chat platforms, and email apps have in common? They’re all examples of communications-based technologies that — at one point — were the latest and greatest, and now are commonplace. Anticipating what will become the […]


Networks & Systems

Venturing into 5G or maximizing LTE today? That is the question

January 3, 2020

Via: RCR Wireless News

As we enter a new year, we find ourselves on the verge of a connectivity paradigm shift with 5G trials and networks seemingly lighting up every day. Indeed, 5G will be one of the most revolutionary technologies of the new […]


Networks & Systems

What Will 5G Mean to UC and Team Collaboration?

December 17, 2019

Via: No Jitter

Back in April I wrote a piece lamenting the ruckus that ensues any time the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) deigns to add another “G” to the myriad of confusion surrounding cellular standards. Well, the silliness continues, and now someone […]