On April 16, the Wall Street Journal, citing “people familiar with the matter,” said U.S. Department of Justice officials are “unlikely” to approve a planned merger between T-Mobile US and Sprint “as currently structured.”
Not the case according to T-Mo CEO John Legere, who has been tapped to lead the combined company if antitrust officials OK the $26 billion merger.
Tweeting on Tuesday, Legere said, “The premise of this story, as summarized in the first paragraph, is simply untrue. Out of respect for the process, we have no further comment. This continues to be our policy since we announced our merger last year.”